Fellow Veterans and Friends of Veterans:
This is to serve public notice that on Sunday, October 25, 2009, I fully abided by and did "not post anything on gate or anywhere on VA property and not demonstrate / unlawful without permit," as directed by U.S. Attorney Sharon McCaslin of the U.S. Department of Justice on the Central District of California Release Order and Bond Form at my October 21 U.S. Court hearing for "unauthorized demonstration," which was dismissed.
I fully followed the U.S. attorney’s malicious directive by sadly forfeiting my First Amendment Right to peacefully demonstrate on Sunday. Moreover, I did not post anything on gate or anywhere of VA property, because I wasn't there.
Let the record reflect, that this is an outrageous and discriminatory order by the U.S. Attorney, because I have peacefully demonstrated for the past 82 consecutive Sundays with my fellow Veterans and friends of Veterans, and a "permit" was never required, nor is one required because we demonstrate on the Los Angeles County sidewalk, which is completely out of the VA’s jurisdiction. Moreover, we have never "displayed placards or material on VA property, only the U.S. Flag and POW Flag, in accordance with VA approval and within the U.S. Flag Code.
Nonetheless, at Sunday's 83rd Sunday Rally, several VA police snuck up from inside the VA gates and ordered the 70 and 80-year old Veterans that did attend, including 86-year old World War II Veterans Steve Palmer in his wheelchair, to remove the U.S. and POW Flags, including the Flags with the five Branches of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Let me remind you that these elderly, senior citizens are American Veterans, and all they did was simply and honorably post our U.S. and Military Flags in front of the largest VA in the nation, yet they were once again treated like criminals by armed VA federal police.
Attached are copies of my "notice to appear" (Oct. 21) "Dismissal" (Oct 21) and "Warrant for Arrest" for the citation that was dismissed, also dated and postmarked (Oct 21). That's right; a Warrant for my arrest was issued by the U.S. Department of Justice after their employee, U.S. Attorney Sharon McCaslin, had already dismissed the fraudulent "unauthorized demonstration" citation. This is harassment in the most cowardly manner.
They couldn't try me on their fraudulent charges but then turned around and issued a fraudulent warrant for my arrest in an attempt to get me in jail on false pretense. And though I did not demonstrate on Sunday, the nefarious culprits operating on behalf of the U.S. government will try to charge me with violating the trumped-up Bond "conditions" that were maliciously issued by Ms. McCaslin.
There is no doubt in my mind that the political corruption, power and greed that's run amok in West Los Angeles regarding the National Veterans Home property are seriously retaliating against me personally for challenging the fraud and corruption behind all of these land deals that seriously violate the Congressional Act of 1887 and the Land Grant Deed of 1888.
Make no mistake; I fear for my personal safety and well being! I am also in fear of the orchestrated abuse and serious violations of my legal and Constitutional Rights as an American citizen, and these violations have been perpetrated by those in political power and the special interest groups they kowtow to, and those employed by the U.S. Government to facilitate their greed and corruption.
Let it be known that the U.S. Government is dangerously retaliating against me for exposing the serious violations of the Congressional Act of 1887 and the Land Grant Deed of 1888. This land was exclusively deeded to America's Military Veterans "to be permanently maintained as a National Home for Disabled Soldiers," but the powerful politicians have aided and abetted in taking this land away from Veterans and giving it to special interest groups.
If the Department of Justice and U.S. Attorney McCaslin had spent as much time prosecuting the real criminals who have flagrantly violated the 1887 Congressional Act and Deed of 1888 with the ongoing confiscation of BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF VETERANS' LAND as they are in trying to prosecute me over a fraudulent $15 citation, even though we are legally demonstrating against these land heists by posting the American Flags upside down in protest, we wouldn't be peacefully demonstrating every Sunday to begin with.
Following are only a few of the unscrupulous leases of Veterans' deeded land that the VA has facilitated to benefit a few of the wealthy at the burden of the many Veterans, including 20,000 who are homeless in Los Angeles.
• The WLA VAMC entered into a 20-year agreement with Brentwood School, one of the wealthiest private schools in the nation, for 21 acres of Veterans land to build an athletic field that is off limits to Veterans. The sharing agreement expires in 2020
• The WLA VAMC entered into an agreement with Breitburn Energy. The land use agreement is for drilling oil on Veterans land and the Department of Interior controls the mineral rights agreement.
• The WLA VAMC entered into a 20-year enhanced sharing agreement with Richmark Entertainment Group, Hollywood / New York entertainment business, for the Wadsworth and Brentwood Theaters, the only two theaters at the National Veterans Home. They are no longer available for Veterans use but have become readily available for a “cultural community center” for the wealthy neighboring residents. The agreement expires in December 2025.
• The WLA VAMC entered into a 10-year enhanced sharing agreement with Sodexho Marriott on Building 224 for laundry services for their hotels. The agreement expires in March 2010.
• The WLA VAMC entered into a no-bid, rent-free enhanced sharing agreement with Veterans Park Conservancy, which is not a Veterans organization but a wealthy neighboring homeowners group, for a 16-acre billion-dollar parcel of Veterans land to build a public community park. The agreement was signed on August 24, 2007 and is a 20-year contract with a 10-year option.
• The WLA VAMC entered into a 10-year enhanced sharing agreement with UCLA for a baseball diamond and the agreement expires in 2011.
• The WLA VAMC has entered into a 20-year enhanced sharing agreement with the Salvation Army for Building 212. The agreement expires December 2025.
• The WLA VAMC has entered into a 10-year enhanced sharing agreement with the Salvation Army for building 207. The Agreement expires April 2015.
• The WLA VAMC entered into a 50-year federal lease agreement with New Directions for Building 116. The agreement expires August 2045.
• The WLA VAMC entered into a 5-year memorandum of agreement with a five-year option with New Directions for Building 257. The memorandum of agreement expires February 2012.
• The WLA VAMC is negotiating a 75-year lease on building 209 with a New York-based nonprofit developer (an oxymoron if ever there was one). Mr. Tillman chose Common Ground of NY and McCormack Baron Salazar, a national developer of mixed-income urban neighborhoods to operate a homeless housing service, with no guarantees that a resident has to be a Veteran.
• The WLA VAMC entered into a 20-year enhanced sharing agreement with Westside Services for parking lots on Veterans land that includes the Brentwood Village lot. The agreement expires in 2020.
• The WLA VAMC entered into a special agreement for Community Soccer Leagues to use MacArthur Field on Veterans land.
• The WLA VAMC has operated a Veterans nine-hole golf course that allows the public to "pay to play" and more than $200,000 has been stolen / embezzled from employees working at the course. The VA attempted to negotiated an enhanced sharing agreement with a “non-profit” organization with an individual proclaiming to be a direct family member and spokesperson of the original donor of this land, even though Arcadia de Baker, the benevolent donor died in 1912, had no children, and left no will.
Where's Congressman Waxman?
The major question amongst fellow Veterans and concerned citizens is where has Congressman Henry Waxman been during all of this land grabbing? After all, he is the elected steward of the largest VA in the nation that is included within his 30th Congressional District, and it is his fiduciary responsibility to prevent the abuse and misuse of any Veterans land here, not facilitating it.
Compromises at the Highest Levels of Government
When Sue Young, the executive director of Veterans Park Conservancy (VPC), was asked by the “Brentwood News” how she was essentially able to acquire the 16 acres of Veterans land (valued at nearly a billion dollars) for a public park, rent free, she responded: "Because this arrangement was unprecedented, it required lengthy discussions and compromises with Veterans Administration in Los Angeles and Washington. The agreement also called for approvals at the highest levels, i.e., Secretary Nicholson, and the involvement of the Congressional delegation."
There you have it; Ms. Young’s coveted public park on Veterans sacred land required unprecedented compromises at the highest levels of government to swindle a billion-dollar parcel of land from Veterans, and Congressman Waxman didn't stop it. In fact, he actually supported it!
If the U.S. government arrests me, detains me, searches my residence, or imposes any other improper or illegal acts upon me and my innocence, please have appropriate attorneys readily available.
If anything harmful happens to me, please keep this honorable fight going and prosecute the real criminals who have pillaged and plundered our Veterans' sacred and sovereign land for their personal gain and benefit. Never forget that in our lawful defense of this land, we have been subjected to harassment, intimidation, being accosted, abused, challenged, discriminated against, slandered, defamed, stalked, spied upon and lied to, retaliation, persecution, fraud, conspiracy, filing of false police reports, selective enforcement and malicious prosecution, obstruction, just to name a few of the egregious violations perpetrated against America's Veterans, and me in particular. And this is all done by the very people who are supposed to be protecting our citizenry.
First, they came for the Veterans and I didn't do anything because I wasn't a Veteran ...
These are dangerous times to be an American!
Robert L. Rosebrock